Sunday, February 26, 2006

Gold Medal Fashion Show

Phew. Here is a somewhat decent picture of my wearing the Blithe Baby Cable Cardigan (aka the Gold Medal Sweater):


Sorry for the squinty, miserable look in the picture. It's really hard to not squint when the reflection from the snow is burning your eyeballs out.

I really like the fit of this sweater - and I'm REALLY happy the buttons don't weigh it down, because the buttons are super cool also. Here is a shot with the sweater buttoned (again, with the squinty eyes): And, a close up, because it really shows the beauty of the yarn and the simple, baby cable rib:


Off to take some cold medicine and pick out some unloved sock yarn to swap. See you at the party!

13 comments:

said...

The sweater looks good, especially in the third picture, which I will now fondly refer to as the 'gratuitous boob shot'.
Mesmerized,
Amanda

said...

Very Very Nice! I like it!
Hurray for all of us!

said...

Your sweater looks great! Congratulations on finishing such a challenging project. I may have to pepper you with questions, I think I'd like to make one for myself.

said...

The sweater looks great. Congratulations on your gold medal!

said...

Congrats on your sweater! It looks great! Squinty eyes or not.

said...

The sweater is great, and the fit perfect! Congratulations!

said...

Love it! Looks great on you and the fit is perfect. Congratulations!

said...

Great Job, very nice.

Tarsha

said...

The sweater looks great! Oh squinty snow eyes, I used to know about those, but here in the sub-tropics of St. Louis we don't seem to actually get any snow. At least not this year.

said...

Great looking cardigan, it looks good on you.

said...

It looked even better in person - and oh my god so soft! It was great to meet you. Thanks for coming!

said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations on your gold-medal win. I wish I could have gone to the Team Boston party and seen it in person.

said...

I would love to make this sweater.. having a painful time finding the pattern however.
I am Starqmade1 on Ravelry. Are you on there?
Can you share you project and specs on the pattern, knitting, gauge, yardage you used to make yours. Most of all I need to know how much yarn to buy for a L or XXL size.
Have this lovely yarn.
Sibl .