Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Fiber Fishy New Year

As I promised, here are most of my knitting related presents from the holiday season. One is missing - because when I got it, it was a kit, and now it is almost an FO! So maybe tomorrow I'll show that one.

Most of the knitting fun came in book form. My MIL (with a little help from a list I gave Aaron) gave me Knitting Over the Edge, and Weekend Knitting. These books both look like a lot of fun (although the tips on how to take a bath in Weekend knitting? I feel sorry for the person who doesn't know how to do that.) Susan gave me a copy of the new Not Just MORE Socks - which I didn't even knew existed. I loved Not Just Socks, so this is a welcome addition to my knitting library. The last book is from Laurie - Hot Knits by Melissa Leapman. I got to check this book out in the class we took with her last moth, and I loved it.

The non book items!? Well Susan obviously knows my color loves. That is one skein of Collinette Point 5 in Red Parrot, and another skein of Collenette - this one Tagliatelli in Jamboree. NO idea yet what these will turn into... maybe a scarf/hat combo? The last - a bag that Laurie picked up on the cruise she just took. A fish bag! Gotta love it - and the fact that without knowing - the fishes on the bag look just like the one in my tattoo!

Thanks! I'm so excited to play with it all!

4 comments:

said...

Very nice gifts!

said...

Ok, where is the pic of your tattoo? Maybe we need a "Show your Tattoo" day again.

said...

Jeepers, an FO this early in the year - are you cracked??? LOL. Don't stress yourself over the package .. I knew when things cooled off you take care of it. Thanks again!

said...

Oh I love that book Hot Knits, she has such great patterns. One of these days I'll actually be a size they'll look fabulous on.

Great presents, your very fortunate.