Thursday, August 04, 2005

Don't put the yarn on the 'barby!

Tee hee. About 2 weeks ago, I sent off some yarn and needles to a new blog friend that needed them. Apparently, bamboo size 1 dpns are hard to find in Australia. They are everywhere here! So - we arranged a trade. I sent her the needles and some Lobster Pot yarn (from Cape Cod), and she sent me this:


mohair Posted by Picasa

Its a bit shy of 500 yards of wool/mohair.... maybe a groovy scarf? And then, god bless her for feeding the beast, some sock yarn:


sock yarn Posted by Picasa

Both yarns are from Australian yarn companies, which is cool. And the other funny thing is that I had totally forgot this was coming... so when I saw the package, I thought it was from my SP5. But no! I still have that to look forward to (she told me a package was in the mail last week).

One other thing - I'm surprised no one made any comments on the BRIGHT ORANGE shawl (you know, like - 'Cece please don't post pictures of that any more - you burned out my retinas!'). Anyway, I'm coming dangerously close to the end of the second (and last) ball of yarn, so I've started the edging. Let's hope I make it!

4 comments:

said...

Those austrailian yarns look awesome, I wonder if they're made from locally produced fibers. And I like your sassy colored shawl, can't wait to see it finished!

said...

Lovely yarns, what fun to get a package in the mail.

The shawl was lovely actually, just have been swamped and haven't had much time to read blogs.

I will anxiously await a finished picture.

said...

Anonymous - Have you ever seen a fly blown sheep, for which this process is done to stop. How would you like an arse full of magots eating your insides out. Some practices I know aren't probably what we think as kind, but sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind. I don't like the idea of this practices either, but the alternative is not pleasant for the sheep either.

said...

sheep in australia are treated quite well and a lot better than other countries. i think that you people that look at muelsing as a bad thing need to look at the out come if you dont fly struck sheep die a slow and very cruel death. i just wish people would give the farmers a brack.....