Well, here she is, my finished Flame Cardi. Only thing I don't love about it is the way the zipper bumps out in the middle - makes me look like I have more of a gut than I already do. I'm going to work on fixing that, but couldn't resist throwing up a picture of this done!
Here are the details:
Based on the Flame Stitch Cardigan from Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2005
Yarn: Marks and Kattens Bomull
Needles: Size 5 throughout.
I basically just used the pattern in Vogue Knitting as a guideline. I had to rework the whole thing first for a size change (the largest size given in the pattern was 41"). I then decided to make the bottom ribbing 3' instead of 6". My NEXT change was to make the back solid instead of the Flame stitch. I then increased the length to the armpit up to 15 inches, and the chest I increased to 12.
Since I'm not a fan of cap sleeve shaping, I turned it into a drop shoulder sleeve. I also adding ribbing to the edges of the sleeves - I thought it would look neater. And the final change was the zipper - the pattern called for buttons.
Phew. This was a learning experience knitting this sweater for sure. I really liked the stitch pattern, but the sizes were way too small. I needed to really use my knitting muscle to get this sweater to work for me, and in the end - I like the results!
Next up - maybe more than one thing.....
*details to follow*