Monday, May 16, 2005

Sleep?

OK. Henry is actually being pretty great for such a small little guy - but I totally forgot how it is impossible to RELAX with a puppy around. I would sit down in my chair, and then he would come over to jump up in my lap... or pick up a ball of yarn... or bite on Abby's (our 4 year old boxer) ear. Plus - there is the fact that his little puppy bladder last about 30 minutes.

But he is SO CUTE. So, I don't mind quite so much getting up at 1:30 AM and 5 AM to take him out to pee. And I will admit - it's much easier having a puppy when you are married than when you are single! He and Abby are at doggie daycare now - hopefully they will get him all nice and tired.

This weekend I was able to get a limited amount of knitting done. I finished the beaded edging on the Charlotte's Web shawl, and that is blocking. I'll take a picture tonight - I was hoping that the weather would co-operate, but it's going to be raining for the next week. I also was able to get a bit more done on the Flame Cardi - I'm over 11 inches done on the body, and have decided to do a drop sleeve (yep, I'm avoiding all the math that would need to be done for a set-in sleeve).

And added after I did some blog surfing... I. HAVE. TO. HAVE. THIS. The pattern is here.

2 comments:

said...

Too cool. And what a good way to use up scraps.

said...

He's still a cutie puppy! New pics please! Flame Cardi, um, well, I know it's here somewhere. Oh there, at the bottom of the knitting bag. I actually got it out to work on at the yarn shop today and was so busy I never made a stitch. There's always tonight.
chrisknits