Monday, March 14, 2005

Finished Sockapalooza Socks!

I had a very 'knitterly' weekend. First thing, I finished my socks for my Pal!


done! Posted by Hello

Specs:
Lorna's Laces, Amethyst Stripe
Needles: Size 1
Pattern: Party Ants (free pattern from the Opal Chatters Yahoo Group)

I've made these socks for me (out of Opal) and love the pattern. I wish that the yarn was a little more 'stripey' - as the chevron stitch pattern makes them look really cool. It's an easy and fun pattern - using a great sock yarn - I'm sure I'll make another pair.

I did cast on for Devan from Knitty - finished the fronts, the arms and started the back. Gotta love how quickly baby stuff knits up! Pictures of that tomorrow.

3 comments:

said...

Great socks! You're right that that chevron pattern looks really cool with the stripes. Neat!

Congrats on being all done. Just in time. ;0)

said...

Hi CeCe!

I followed this link from the Alison's Sockapalooza update, and I thought...those socks look familiar...where have I seen them before...????

At Ethnic I!

Just wanted to say hi online--see you at our next class. I have much knitting to do--nowhere near the armholes, but getting these socks out the door won't hurt...

Cate

said...

I love those socks! Is there a link to the pattern?