Monday, January 10, 2005

THEY ACCEPTED!

After a lot of worrying, haggling and excitement - after this weekend we are now officially on our way to having our own house! The closing is going to be pretty quick, as these people have mostly moved out of this house and into their new one.

So - the next month is going to be a flurry of house inspections, mortgage getting, and packing (hopefully).

Turns out that knitting a rather complicated shawl pattern is a good way to get your mind off the nervousness of buying a house. I had really only barely started my Shoalwater Shawl, and as an afterthought, threw it in my knitting bag to work on this weekend. I knit basically the WHOLE weekend, nervously waiting on the return phone calls from our offers. I finished it! And it is beautiful. I need to block it out and take a picture for you all.

I did also do a little bit of work on the Bpt Cardi. It's slow going. I'm about 10 inches done with the body, and I want it to be 15 inches from the arm.

That is all to report for today, but that is pretty big news!

0 comments: