Friday, December 10, 2004

Man-a-long progress

This Man-a-long is my first 'a-long'. And I think it's going well - definitely helping me keep focused on actually finishing. Aaron is WAY too understanding about my need to work on at least 5 projects at a time. One year, his Christmas sweater was finished in March (not the March before Christmas. The March AFTER). I'm enjoying putting on the borders - and love the way the three needle bind off is making everything look.

I've decided that once I get the borders finished, I'm going to cut (yes cut) up the back. The back is doing a weird 'flare' in the back, which some may say is cool - but I doubt that a man wearing a "Swing Vest" would look cool. I'm considering doing two darts up the back to pull it in, but I'll have to fool around with this. Many of my friends have said I should just leave it like it is... but it'll drive me crazy.

I have canceled my appointment with the machine quilter. I was just too busy this week to finish the quilt, and really, there is no reason for me to rush it and stress out about it. This weekend, I'll put on the borders, and figure out the backing.

I was just realizing that with the close-to-completion status of Aaron's vest, my list of things to do and/or in progress is getting much more manageable:

1. Aaron's vest: 95% complete
2. Lexi's scarf: 50% complete (but with the high probability of running out of the sparkly mohair).
3. Betsey's scarf: Not even started. But it's out of some novelty yarns that she picked out - it's a quick knit
4. Hat for Sue: 5% - but again, a quick knit. It's a simple roll brim with bulky yarn

Those 4 need to be done by Christmas...

4. White Sparkle scarf for me (this may be a very impractical scarf, but I couldn't resist the pull of the yarn - it SCREAMED to me in the store). And yes, again, not even started.
5. The Bpt cardigan. This is at 30% - and it would be nice to get this done before my knitting group starts on our Son of A.R.A.N sweater in January.

0 comments: