Monday, December 13, 2004

Exciting Weekend

So. I didn't mention this before, but this weekend, Aaron and I made an offer on a house. We were SO excited, because it was a really nice place on a lake. I make a long story short, the people selling it are doing it themselves. Therefore, there is a lot of frustration. Although we haven't finished the offer process, let's just say I think we have a 5% chance of actually getting this house. We offered about 30,000 less than asking, and they came by with $200 less than asking.

Get real.

But - the fun part is that we officially are on the 'house prowl'. We have a pre-approval letter in hand for a mortgage, a price range we can deal with, and our down payment. Now we just need to find the right place!

This will be exciting, and stressful.

Knitting content: I finished the novelty scarf for me. It was fast, fun and festive.
I ripped out the hat I was almost done with for Sue. It appeared WAY too big. I'm not working on that until I get her actual head measurements. And (drumroll please) I finished all the edging of Aaron's Vest! It looks AWESOME. I just need to stop at the store tonight and buy a zipper. Then, I'll take Aaron to the tailors and see if they can do anything about the strange 'flare' in the back.

And yes. I said tailor. I decided this weekend that I'm not tough enough to cut up my own knitting. Not yet at least.

0 comments: