Monday, November 22, 2004

Will this cold ever end?!

Geez. I'm STILL sick. I hate it how colds last forever and ever. I've now lost my voice, and moved onto the coughing/hacking stage. Grrr.

But the good news on that is that it forced me to stay home this weekend. The only times that I left the house was for the Pajama Shopping event in town, and to have dinner with my father.

The PJ shopping is something that happens every year in West Concord, and all the shops in town open early (6 AM) and give 20% off to people who come in wearing PJ's. And - if you can believe it - we have both a yarn store AND a quilt store. I generally boycott the yarn store, as the woman who owns it is the devil. But - I found out through the grapevine that she hates giving the 20% off, so I did go and buy some buttons I need. I also went to the quilt store and got some X-mas fabric to make some fabric bowls.

The rest of the day I hung out and made lots of progress on different little projects. I finished the sweater for my niece. I've decided to hold onto them until Christmas, though! I also made two ribbon scarves on Saturday (one for my friend Elsie, and the other for Aaron's Grandma.) I even took a picture of all that progress.... I just haven't posted it yet.

On Sunday, I started another scarf, this one for my cousin Lexi, out of sparkley mohair. This one will take a lot longer than the easy ribbon ones, but she'll love it. I did ANOTHER ribbon scarf (this one for my mother), and finally, on the car ride to pick up Bernie from the airport, finished the back of the Blueberry Jacket.

I've decided that the Blueberry Jacket is next in line to get finished.

Phew! Lots of knitting gets done when you basically sit on you butt all weekend!

0 comments: