Monday, November 01, 2004

Last Motorcycle trip of the season

This weekend was just perfect for motorcycle riding! Aaron, Ross and I went on a little trip from our house to Rockport, and then home. We stopped on the way at Woodman's for some awesome fried clams (not caring one bit that everyone says that place is a tourist trap). Then, in Rockport, we got off the bikes again - and went to my very favorite jewelry store - the Village Silversmith. I've been in this store 2 times before, and I just love the stuff that is there. The first time I visited I got this beautiful Fire Opal ring. This time, we both Aaron and I got great necklaces. Aaron's is a replacement to the one he lost during his swim at IM Florida last year, and mine - a "just because" present (gotta love those!).

In knitting/quilting fun - I picked up the quilted duvet cover from my machine quilter while Aaron was coaching a soccer game in the same town (very nice - I looked like I was being this great attentive wife, attending my husbands soccer game, but yet I managed to have some crafty fun at the same time. Heh heh). I need to sew that up into a duvet cover for us! The nights are getting colder!

I also almost finished the back of the Blueberry Jacket. That thing is going to be HUGE. But warm and wonderful all at the same time. I did read the pattern again, and the L/XL size is supposed to be 54 inches.. so mine is only going to be 3 inches bigger than that... which should be fine. I think this jacket will be warm enough for the winter! Although boring to knit. Thank god the yarn is bulky, so that the progress is quick.

0 comments: