Sunday, September 19, 2004

Volleyball, knitting and ribs!

Today, my friend Amanda came over for some felting fun. About 2 months ago, my friend Elsie (up in NH) gave us a felting lesson. We made some awesome hats... and on the way home, bought a bunch of fleece to do it again. We haven't had a chance to do it again until today. And, although we did have a blast, it was a failure. I was trying to make another hat - but the fabric was much too thin. I cut it up and turned it into some groovy coasters. I'll just chalk it up to a learning experience!

In other knitting news, I finished my Very Harlot Poncho, with a little alteration - I made the edge (instead of fringe) a ruffle. I think it looks neat I'll take pictures tomorrow and give everyone a look. Tonight, I'm sort of tired - I had a bunch of my friends over for a birthday potluck - in which we played a volleyball out in the yard, and then came inside for some awesome food - ribs, salmon, corn salad, potato salad and eggplant parm - all topped off with a JP Licks ice cream cake.

Ah, food coma. Good night!

0 comments: