Friday, September 10, 2004

So... It's been a while

I starting blogging with inspiration from place like chicknits and yarn harlot. Their posts are fun to read, and I love seeing all the great knitting they produce! I wanted to be JUST LIKE THEM. Sigh. Apparently, blogs don't write themselves, and if I want to have a fun, knit-filled blog, not only do I have to knit stuff, but I have to write about it also.

Here begins my serious attempt at a blog. Right now, I have 4 WIPs. I will go home and try to figure out how to get pictures up and all, but let me write them down for now...

1. The Very Harlot Poncho. This is a great pattern, and I'm making it for my husband's cousin (my cousin-in-law?). She is a very 'chick' gal, living in LA. Everything she wears is FABULOUS, so I was very flattered when she asked me if I'd make her a poncho. I'm about 25% done with this. She doesn't want fringe.... so I'm trying to think of other cool edging that I could do. Maybe a ruffle?

2. A Mohair cardigan for me. I'm using this great mohair self-striping yarn and I'm making the largest size, which is 52". I usually do the 48" size for me, but thought it would be nice to have a roomy cardigan. Now, I'm having my doubts as I watch it grow, but I'm sure it'll be just fine. I am 60% done this this one... I'm hoping to maybe get it done for my birthday next week..

3. A super cute cabled baby sweater for my niece. It is SO cute I can't stand it.

4. A vest for Aaron (my husband) for Christmas. He's always wanted a vest and I hate them, so we had to compromise. I think the pattern is really neat - it's actually a FELTED vest from the book Felted Knits. The yarn on this make my hands hurt (WTF?), so I work on it in spurts. But, I joined the MAN ALONG knit along, so hopefully that will help me get it done in time for Christmas.

Anyway, that is what I'm working on. I'll go home, bring out the digital camera, and post pictures! Fun!

1 comments:

said...

Hi Cece

I liked to your page from Yarn Harlots - did you say you were making convertable mittens? I have been looking for a pattern for those for a while - where did you find it? I would like to make some for my brother in law.

Thanks!
Dani
www3.sympatico.ca/daniwarren/knitstitchclick.htm