Monday, August 23, 2004

Gotta love me....

So. I've been having so much fun reading everyone else's knitting posts, that I've decided to start blogging! I always have so many projects going at once, maybe this will give me incentive to finish one every once in a while!

My friends tend to think I'm a little crazy... mostly because my hobbies are SO diverse. When I am at home, you will generally find me sitting in my yarn room knitting or quilting. Knitting is my number one passion, as I've been doing it since I was a little kid.

But I've also been swimming for ages (since I was 4) which managed to get me interested in triathlons... and that path led me to complete Ironman Florida in November of 2003! I'm glad I completed it (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and a marathon - yes all in one day), but I certainly don't feel a need to do it again! Your entire life is taken over by training of some sort. My only triathlon plan for this year is a sprint distance race (1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3.2 mile run) that is in 2 weeks and I haven't trained for at all. Thankfully, I'm doing it with a friend who has an injury - so we are planning on waiting for each other in transition, and walking the run together. Makes the whole thing seem managable!

And finally... my motorcycle. I ride a Suzuki SV 650 S! That's right, a crotch rocket. And I love it. There is nothing better than leaving a crappy day at work, getting on my motorcycle and tearing it up on the way home.

I'm going to use this blog as a place to publish all the fun knitting stuff that I'm doing. I can never limit myself to one project (honestly, who can?). Right now I'm 75% done with a poncho, halfway done with the arms of a great mohair sweater, and in the middle of a quilt! I'll publish pictures when I get a chance to take them.

0 comments: