Monday, September 13, 2004

Dogs wearing hats...

This weekend, I did get to finish that quilt (see below). I think it looks great! A little bright, but I like bright stuff. It isn't going to be a true 'quilt' - more like a duvet cover. The top will be the quilt top I made, and then I'll have Melissa (the woman who does my machine quilting) attach the top to a piece of cotton I found. The great thing about this cotton is that it is big enough to attach all in one piece. I don't have to do anymore sewing! Yippie!

I also managed to get sick this weekend. I was really not feeling well all day on Sunday, but last night was pretty bad. When I woke up, I was super hot and stuffy with a pretty bad sore throat. I think I may just be a bit burned out - things at work have been pretty stressful lately... so I took my final remaining sick day, and slept the day away. I woke up at 11 feeling MUCH better.

I decided to work more on the poncho.. I found this great edging that I thought would look cool. Unfortunately, it is meant to be worked over 17 stitches, and then attached separately... Not over 198... and then repeated a bunch of times. It looks bad. Sigh. I'll have to rip it out - but don't have ethe heart to do it today.

I did finish the two Meathead Hats I promised Larissa over at stitchmarker. I tried to get a picture of Abby wearing the hat, but she really wasn't having any of that... so I got a better shot of the hat with our funny "Iron Abby". I'll try to send those out to Larissa tomorrow.

0 comments: