Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Mittens, Mittens, Mittens

And not the mittens you think I'm talking about. I've been knitting this awesome mitten garland. She published this pattern weeks ago, and right during the perfect time - as I was totally obsessed with finding a cool Advent calender for the kids. I didn't want to do the paper ones, the pre-printed fabric panels also seemed lame and annoying to make. I had an idea to make a felted tree with little bags on it.... and then saw this!

At first I was knitting two mittens for each child for each day, but then I couldn't figure out how to hang them or how it would work. So - I'm close to being done, and I would be if I didn't want to mix the colors up in a certain way. 6 more to knit!

5 comments:

said...

oh what an adorable ideal. I wish I could knit. I would be all over this. I am also looking for an advent calendar for my 6 yo grand daughter. Lovely. Do be sure to take photos and post of your garland!

said...

that's great! so cute.

said...

wow! that is sooo adorable!! please post some pics when you get it finished :)

said...

That garland is sooo cute - definitely post some pics!

said...

oh thanks for the link! i need to make some!