Thursday, March 08, 2007

Sorry...

I acknowledge that I have been a bad blogger of late. I've just been bogged down at work, and honestly, my knitting just isn't all that exciting. A second sock, the final piece of Marmalade.... BORING!

But, this weekend, I'm going away for a 'girls only' weekend! 2 of my good friends, plus my mom, will be up in the Berkshires at my families' cabin. We are planning on eating good food, drinking, and quilting all weekend! I don't have a quilting project currently, so I went to the store last night and got some fabric:

I'm planning on making a 'Lone Star' type quilt. The red on the bottom is actually from my stash (just a little over a yard) so technically, this is a little bit of stashbusting (although I then needed to buy over 8 yards more fabric for the quilt... so does that work? I'm not sure).

I was digging through one of my drawers at work, and found one little baby sock that I started last summer. Again, in the spirit of the Bustalong, I finished up the second one:
The pattern is 'Heel and Toe Socks' from 50 Baby Booties to Knit. The yarn is leftover Schaffer Anne (I think?) that Amanda gave me a long while back. I think I like the other baby sock pattern I found better - but can't deny these are cute!

1 comments:

said...

The socks are VERY cute. And I really like the fabrics you pulled for the Lone Star Quilt. Have fun this weekend!