Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Packing, Ethnic Folk Knitting, and Food poisoning

OK. I know that is a long title. But it sums my weekend up in a nutshell.

Our packing is really moving along. My yarn room is totally packed, the basement is done, all our books are in boxes... and the computers are disassembled. The whole dining room is totally filled with boxes! We are so ahead of the game with packing, I'm pretty happy about it. We actually aren't moving until 2/18, but Aaron and I wanted to have most of the packing done before we close on Friday! This! Friday!

We are planning on closing on Friday, and immediately going over to begin the wallpaper removal and rotted basement floor removal. I've been so excited to start painting colors EVERYWHERE. People were telling me that I couldn't go too crazy. That everything needed to blend. That I should use neutral colors. Then, I saw a book by Susan Sargent. She is a goddess of color, and I now feel like doing what I want (paint bright colors everywhere) is ok.

On Sunday, I went to the first of 4 classes at Webs. It's called Ethnic Folk Knitting, and turns out that it is significant more work than I thought I was signing up for! I'm knitting a multi-colored fairisle design, on size 2 needles, getting 6 stitches to the inch. I'll post a picture soon, but the teacher wants us to get to the ARMPIT by March 6th! I spent 10 hours knitting, and made it 3 inches, to give you the idea of what a task that will be! What was I THINKING when I signed up for this? Although - it is a very neat class. We are totally designing our own sweaters from scratch.

Then, Sunday night, I watched the Pats win. I'm not a football fan, but you can't really live in MA and not watch the game. But, during the game, I must have eaten something that didn't agree with me, and was sick all Sunday night. It stunk.

0 comments: