Monday, January 10, 2005

Lace = Stress Relief

Never thought I would say it, but knitting lace has turned into what I'm doing to keep my mind off the house buying excitement. I finished the lace Shoalwater Shawl (and blocked it tonight). Before I forget - I want to say that this is a GREAT pattern. Well written, with both the chart, for those who like charts, and then a written pattern, for those who don't. I've never done picot edging or i-cord edging, and I learned both in this project. A great project all around.

Oh, and yeah. Finishing that shawl took me down to ONE. Count it again ONE(!!!) WIP.

Of course, tonight I cast on for a simple lace scarf for me as my carry around project. I did want to get started on my socks for the Sockapoluzza, but although I think I have the right yarn in my stash, I think I may make a trip to my yarn store anyway. My buddy made specific requests for yarn, as she is sensitive to certain types of wool - and I don't want to guess on a different kind, and not have her able to wear mine!

Back to the point! Geez! (can you tell I'm excited about the house? Stay on track, Cece, stay on track)I will be using a Feather and Fan pattern for this scarf, using Blue Heron Yarns, Bulky Rayon Chenille, in the blue Violet colorway. It is beautiful - a yarn I got on my trip to Circles with Sue.

Wish me luck - tomorrow is the inspection for the house!

0 comments: