Wednesday, November 24, 2004

I'm like a crow

You may wonder why I say that. You know how crows find 'sparkly' things, and bring them all back to their nests? Well, I'm a little like that. I see sparkly yarn and I want to have it. But the funny thing is I'm not into novelty scarves or weird fun fur sweaters - so I have it, and I don't know what to do with it. I do have 2 pairs of sparkly yarn socks... and I also made this insane crayon box sweater (mine looks nothing like this picture - but it gives you an idea!) last winter (a class at the World in Stitches). But, in general, I knit traditional-type sweaters.

ANYWAY. I saw this great scarf knit up (at yes, the World in Stitches) and knew right away that I had to make it. It's two different kinds of mohair (plain black and then a multi-colored sparkly mohair) - I cast on 35 stitches, did a plain k1p1 rib, and look how great it's turning out! I'm really liking how the black stripes show of the colored mohair in more of a 'rainbow' pattern.

Although I'm tempted to keep it, I'm going to give it to my cousin Lexi for Christmas. She is a groovy gal who lives in LA. It fits with her, and the black poncho I made her earlier in the year.

And yes, progress continues on the now re-named Boring Blueberry Jacket. I've finished the left front, and am now working on the right front. Ah, the joy of an entire garter stitch garment. NOT.

0 comments: