Monday, July 24, 2006

I should submit these....

to Cute Overload. I mean, really. Teddy Bear booties? Can you stand the little teddy bears ears? I think not.



I started these on Friday, needing a little break from the Bartlett roll neck sweater - like I mentioned before, that yarn is a bit rough. Anyhoo - I turned to 50 Baby Booties to Knit - and found that I had marked the page for the Animal Booties. I had bought the yarn previously to knit these for a friend.. but never got around to it. Now is as good a time as any! I used size 1 needles - and these booties seem HUGE after making those baby socks - but are right on track for a 6 - 9 month size.

Aaron and my FIL were totally giving these the thumbs down while I was making them - saying that stuff like 'the poor kid - he is going to be so embarrassed when he looks at pictures of him wearing teddy bear booties' blah blah blah. (Like it how we haven't even conceived yet, and Aaron is already calling it a he?). Needless to say BOTH guys backed down once I showed them the finished cuteness.

11 comments:

said...

They're adorable and in any event infancy is when you get to dress them in whatever you want-it's a brief moment before they start choosing their own attire.

Thank you for the lovely blue/green yarn and I thought I'd thaned you slready but have been stressed and not tracking well!

Make any meals from your freezer yet?

said...

They are so cute!

said...

Oh they are so cute! Love them. Really, how could a baby that young be embarrased? LOL

said...

oh how addorable, I don't think any baby would be embarassed by those. They will be a treasured piece, and when the baby grows out of them, they'd look great on a stuffed bear or doll too.

said...

Yeah - what's with the freezer stuff - has Amy sue been naughty? Cute booties.

said...

I made the sheep bootees from that book, and almost died from the sweetness. Any babe would look precious in those ... and if you can't wear teddies on your feet when you're 9 months old, when can you?

said...

These are cute in a good way!! I have made Bananas in Pyjamas booties : same thing!! Right on the cusp of cuteness overload, but just making it onto the OK side!!

said...

They are cute Cece, and when else is a child going to wear what the parent puts on them beside when a baby.

said...

Adorable!!

said...

Hi there! I just found your blog and I love the name. I'm wondering if you will share?

See I knit these fish mittens for the Bitchin' Mittens contest (http://www.bitchinmittens.com/) and fish mittens is actually a dirty slang term. So can I name mine fiber fish too?

My blog: http://www.issueswithknitting.blogspot.com/

said...

I started making the same pair, but got confused when i got to the part about folding at the tricot trim. How am I supposed to fold?